# TODO list for this project
The main goal is to write kilo in Zig for my own learning purposes. I will
create a tutorial to help other Zig newcomers.
Once the main goal is done, consider the following:
- Check https://github.com/paulsmith/texteditor-zig if there is something
interesting in his solution.
- Consider using https://github.com/ziglibs/ansi-term to reuse some code.
- https://github.com/termbox/termbox - ncurses alternative
- https://github.com/deadpixi/mtm - terminal multiplexer
- Use ropes for the editor: https://iq.opengenus.org/rope-data-structure/
- Use tree-sitter for highlighting, indenting
- Add LSP support
- https://github.com/adsr/mle - extensive unix tool usage in the editor
- Kakoune-like multiple selections and key bindings